Crude Oil Quality Association
Domestic Trading Center Subcommittee (DTC)
September 29, 2005 Meeting Minutes
Houston , Texas
The parties interested in activity and participation as of September 29th are as follows:
Bieber, Scott Baker Petrolite
Kremer, Larry Baker Petrolite
Fisher, Ron BP
Cowie, Laurence BP Upstream
Lywood, Bill Canadian Crude Quality
Miron, Mark Cenex Harvest States
Cronk, Jeffrey ChevronTexaco
Shafizadeh, Anne ChevronTexaco
Vance, Dell ChevronTexaco
Ngo, Ryan Citgo
Thompson, Jeff Coffeyville
Dillard, Aaron ConocoPhillips
Morgan, Pat ConocoPhillips
Pierce, Joey D ConocoPhillips
Giles, Harry DOE-HQ
Chang, Allan ExxonMobil
Wenger, Lloyd ExxonMobil
Robben, Celia Flint Hills
Morgan, Ranzy Inspectorate
Fenwick, Scott Intertek
Fucheck, Bill Intertek
Thompson, Terry Intertek
Sutton, Dennis MAP
Lordo, Sam Nalco
West, Mike NCRA
Blackmore, Tim Omnicon
Hebert, Allen Plains All American
Hopkins , Michael Plains All American
Kennedy, Bruce Rogers
Gillum, Ron SGS
Edens , Patti Shell
Earley, Meredith Sunoco
Sulek, Robert Sunoco
Sullivan, Sheri Sunoco
Arrick, Doug TEPPCO
John Maurer Valero
Domestic Trading Centers identified to be included were identified as follows (added Nederland )
Midland , TX
Homa , LA
Patoka , IL
Cushing , OK
St. James , LA
Guernsey , WY
Nederland , TX
Aaron Dillard with ConocoPhillips presented a summary of the 2000 Basin Pipeline sampling and testing program, a COQA Mid-Continent Subcommittee collaborative effort between the pipeline companies, shippers and connecting carriers.
During this meeting:
- The group discussed why the Basin project was not a complete success. (we had hoped for a more thorough buy-in, but at least gravity and sulfur specs were instituted)
- Decided to focus our efforts on one location and one product at this time so we could perfect the approach and later expand it to all DTCS sites, all products. (baby step)
- The Site selected was Cushing , Oklahoma
- The Product selected was Domestic Sweet
- Don Hamilton will propose a written formal mission statement before the next meeting and submit this to Tish and John Maurer. The statement will be forwarded to all interested parties (listed above) for comment.
- The Interested parties will indicate which of them take wet barrels of Domestic Sweet at Cushing , OK prior to the next meeting. Submit this information to Tish at COQA.
- The DTCS Group will develop a plan to approach MERC for comment and possible buy-in.
- Using the mission, the members will develop the basis to obtain formal consortium buy-in from DTCS members.
- Visit the website perf.org to see an example of a similar consortium
- Members are to check on the development of a new simulated distillation method in ASTM. UPDATE Harry Giles later reported that ASTM recently published D 7169-05 for Boiling Point Distribution of Samples with Residues such as Crude Oils and Atmospheric and Vacuum Residues by High Temperature Gas Chromatography.
- Don Hamilton will submit the mission statement to Maurer and COQA for distribution
- Members are to review the mission statement and prepare comments
- Members are to identify those who take wet barrels of Domestic Sweet from Cushing.
- Members are to identify pipeline service providers of Domestic Sweet from Cushing.
- Maurer will submit a list of interested parties (updated) to COQA for posting on the web site.
- Contract Lab members of the DTCS group are to prepare rough estimates of per sample costs for analysis as per the protocol established during the May 2005 COQA DTCS meeting.
- Collaborative identification of mandated of testing parameter penalty points (subcommittee collaboration via E-mail)