CLICK HERE to access the slides for all presentations found in our Meeting Archives
Mid-Continent Issues Highlight Early 2016 Meeting
Over 130 conference participants gathered at the historic Menger Hotel in San Antonio for the early 2016 COQA meeting. On the morning of Wednesday, March 2, the COQA offered an optional wine country tour for attendees and guests to Grape Creek Vineyards. Wednesday afternoon’s subcommittee meetings on Crude by Rail, WTI quality specifications, and Asphaltene Precipitation were lively, and well attended. Dr. Bagawandoss (Intertek) provided an update on 49 CFR 173.41 regarding regulations pertaining to the transportation of crude by rail as well as truck and barge.
Thursday featured breakfast provided by the COQA followed by a full day of presentations. A number of the talks addressed aspects related to mid-continent crudes, including:
- Professor Tom Tunstall of University of Texas San Antonio describing the social and economic characteristics of the Eagle Ford,
- Dr. Irv Wiehe presenting information on crude compatibility, and describing the current COQA project,
- Ashok Anand of Enbridge updating the group on WTI Quality at Cushing as determined by Enbridge,
- Jeff Hazle of the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) detailing refiners’ crude quality issues, and in particular with WTI, and
- Jeff Kralowetz of Argus presenting “Crude Quality and US Spot Markets”.
We are looking forward to the upcoming joint CCQTA/COQA in Edmonton, June 7-10.