A reminder- The next COQA meeting is Thursday, February 19, 2015 at the newly remodeled
Marriott West Loop in Houston. This is close to the famous Galleria Mall and the area's many dining choices.
The Advisory and Executive Board meetings will be on Wednesday evening, February 18. Advisory at 4:30 pm. Executive to follow at 5:30 pm.
We also anticipate Crude-by-Rail discussion on Wednesday afternoon, 1:30- 4:30.
Also, Baker Hughes is graciously providing a tour of their Woodlands Technology Center on Wednesday, February 18. The bus leaves the hotel at 8:00 (sharp) returning by 1:30. Attendance is limited, and there are still a few spots available
. If you are interested, contact Sutton immediately.
Thursday, February 19 will be the general meetings.
Our agenda includes:
- Dr. David Lord, Sandia National Labs, Department of Energy- the DOE work on flammability/ignitability of crude oil
- Jason Nick, Ametek
- Bureau Veritas- Hazardous Materials Shipping
- Matthew Goitia, Peaker Energy
- Dr. Bagawandoss,Intertek-" Sampling and Analysis- Vapor pressure measurements in light of the new NDIC rule and RP 3000"
- Analytical Systems International KECO- H2S in crude analyses
- Ashok Anand- Enbridge Quality Pooling Update
- Dr. Dan Villalanti, Triton Analytics
- Baker Hughes, "Crude Oil Quality Management in a Volatile Crude Price Marketplace"
- CCQTA Update
- more to come
Ametek will be sponsoring a breakfast from 7am- 8am, so come early and make some new friends. Analytical Systems International will be sponsoring the breaks. Thanks to both of these companies!
Our meetings are open to all- whether you are associated with one of our member companies or not! The meeting fee is only $100, payable at the door by check, cash, or credit card or you can preregister by calling Dennis Sutton at 419-306-0375.
Please make your lodging reservations with the hotel through the following link:
Crude Oil Quality Association Booking Link
It should be noted that the group rate of $189/night includes complimentary internet and discounted parking.
This rate is only available through February 4, so book soon!