Dates for our first COQA meeting of 2016 have been set, so mark your calendars and join us in San Antonio on Wednesday March 2nd and Thursday March 3rd. The format will be the same as we usually follow with subcommittee discussion, Advisory and Executive Board meetings on Wednesday (March 2), followed by the general meetings and speakers on Thursday (March 3), beginning with breakfast at 7:00 am.
Our event will take place at the Menger Hotel, the most historic hotel in San Antonio, situated on the same block as the Alamo.
Please note the following changes to the registration process:
1) Registration fees are $100 in advance (as before) and $125 on site (new)
2) Those receiving complimentary registrations due to corporate support through annual memberships and/or event sponsorship are encouraged to register online in advance (we will have badges prepared)
3) We now accept American Express online, in addition to Visa, Mastercard, and Discover
Click Here to Register Now
Click Here for Corporate Member/Sponsor Complimentary Registration
Our agenda for March 2, 2016 (subcommittees are open to any registrant interested)
Morning: Wine Tour
1:00pm: Crude by Rail Subcommittee
2:00pm: Asphaltene Precipitation Subcommittee
3:00pm: Domestic Sweet Subcommittee
4:00pm: Advisory Board Meeting
5:00pm: Executive Board Meeting
Our tentative agenda for March 3, 2016 (breakfast and refreshments will be provided)
Confirmed Speakers include:
- David Lord, Sandia National Laboratories ("DOE/DOT Crude Oil Characterization Research Study")
- Lawrence Karas, Nalco-Champion (“Not Your Father’s H2S Scavenger”)
- Darren York, KBC Advanced Technologies (Argus Conference in Review)
- Ashok Anand, Enbridge (Quality work around Cushing/WTI)
- Jeff Hazle, AFPM (Quality Monitoring of Domestic Sweet crude at the Cushing Terminals)
- Thomas Tunstall, UT San Antonio ("Eagle Ford Shale and Mexico: Latest Developments")
- Bill Lywood, Crude Quality Inc. (Bitumen De-watering and Volumetric Corrections)
- Jeff Kralowetz, Argus (Quality Issues around Gulf Coast Crude Streams)
- Blake Branson, Alcor Petrolab (Prediction of Crude Fouling Characteristics using the Hot Liquid Process Simulator)
- Irv Wiehe, Soluble Solutions (“Crude Oil Compatibility and Self-incompatibility”)
Below are options for booking at the Menger Hotel for our San Antonio meeting March 3rd. The Cut-off date for the COQA block is February 16th, 2016.
1) Direct Link
2) The attendees may also go to www.mengerhotel.com. Enter the Group Code and the travel dates to check availability.
Group Code: 030116CRUDEO
3) For reservation via phone, you may contact the in house reservations department at 210-223-4361 and give your group name to secure the group rate.
Group name: Crude Oil Quality Association
Join your colleagues at the San Antonio COQA meeting for a Tour of Grape Creek Vineyards
in Fredericksburg TX, on March 2nd, 2016. The tour includes round trip transportation from the Menger Hotel, a light meal, a tour of the vineyards facilities, and a tasting.
8:00am: Bus to depart Menger Hotel
9:30am: Light Breakfast
10:00am: Tour of Grape Creek Vineyard (will have a quality assurance focus)
1:00pm: Meeting Begins in San Antonio
You can register for the meeting HERE
. The deadline for the tour registration is February 5th, 2016.
The cost will be $70/person.